As a kid, did you ever find a shiny yellow rock that you thought might be gold? Well growing up in Ohio I came across a number of rocks that had a flash of golden metal that I thought were exceedingly valuable, so much so that I took the rocks back to my parents to find out how rich I was going to be. As you’ve probably guessed, they weren’t worth much. In fact, they were not worth more than the paper sack I had carried them in.
While they aren’t looking for rocks, I’ve found that business owners and managers have the same challenge looking for the right designer for their company. And like me when I was young, when they find something they think is valuable, they often have no way of knowing how valuable the rock, or in this case the designer really is.
The big challenge for business owners is how to evaluate if they’ve made a good choice when it comes to hiring a designer – how can they tell if they’ve picked up a gold nugget or a lump of coal. I am going to share with you 5 quick things you’ll eventually think and feel that indicate you made the right choice in hiring your designer. You might not say these out loud, but over the course of working with the designer you’ll begin to feel them:
- You’ll feel you’re important to the designer not just as an account but also as a person. Rather than just being someone who just sells to you, you’ll feel the designer cares about you and your business, and that she/he is building a relationship with you rather than making a sale.
- You’ll feel you have a partner who can help you with all of your marketing, advertising and design. Instead of feeling you have to know it all and do it all yourself, you’ll feel that you have an honest, expert who’s on your side and dedicated to helping you succeed.
- You’ll feel comfortable communicating with your designer, that she/he is really listening to what you have to say and eager to provide helpful feedback and insight. You’ll feel energized and excited about your business and your business’ future, and talking and strategizing with your designer will be something you enjoy.
- You’ll feel confident that you’ll never waste money on design projects that won’t produce a good result for you and your company. You’ll begin to feel that you’re under the protection of the designer and that she/he will provide you with advice on which marketing and advertising projects will give you the best return for your money.
- You’ll feel that you have a professional resource to always advise you when you are confused or wondering about your marketing, advertising and design. For example: where to advertise, how to identify your target market, how to analyze your competition, which web hosting plan is best and if you should or shouldn’t invest in search engine optimization – the list goes on and on. You’re going to feel, unlike your competitors that you’ve got someone who’s got inside information that will help you gain a competitive edge.
This of course isn’t an exhaustive list, but I am hoping you start to see what you should expect out of your designer, and you’ll now feel more comfortable and confident when it comes time for you to select one to work with your business. If you’ve hired someone and you already feel these bullet points I’ve listed above – pat yourself on the back, you’ve found a good designer. If you’ve hired someone and you don’t feel these five bullet points listed above. Well, I’d give you the same advice my parents game me about the rocks I thought were gold, “Throw them back and keep looking”.
A business savvy graphic designer is often a contradiction in terms; however, Jeremy is a unique combination of sharp business marketer and creative designer. This one-two punch provides clients with targeted marketing, advertising and design projects that yield outstanding results and a terrific return on their investment; they actually work. Companies looking to feel more confident and credible with their business brand, tired of getting lost in a crowd of competitors and always feeling like they have to compete on price, need to call Jeremy at 480.391.0704 or visit http://www.candographics.com
For small business owners dissatisfied with their ad or unsure if it’s bringing in customers or money. Be sure to visit Jeremy’s http://www.advertisingthatmakesmoney.com and fill in the convenient form to request his eye-opening insiders report, you will also receive his 5-day audio eCourse, "The REAL Secrets of Successful Advertising", AND his weekly boost to your advertising success, the Can-Do Confidence Builder. All for FREE!
By Jeremy Tuber